you can also build from git using "0.5.0-rc1" tag.
this build is as close to final 0.5 as possible, except few cosmetic changes need to be done, such as Changelog update, fresh translations, etc.
make sure to try it out and report any issues, i'm planning to start making tarball for final 0.5 somewhere on saturday this week - so there is still some time to fix bugs.
short list of changes since beta2:
- binary build now has translations
- fixed AudioOverload plugin mem corruption bug
- fixed loading AudioOverload psf libs from archives
- many fixes in tags display, loading and editing
- several converter presets are now bundled, and available without any manual work
- fixed aac plugin in binary build
- added libpng support to notify plugin
- added --play-pause cmdline option
- fixed crash bug when loading 0.4.4 eq config
- fixed foobar2000 eq preset importing
- fixed freebsd compile problems
- fixed major bug in playlist sorting
- added apev2 tag reading/writing to tta plugin
- fixed apev2 writer to store multiline fields as single frames
and many more less-major fixes.
thanks to everyone who helped tracking down all the bugs.
changes since beta1 build:
- fixed mp3 gapless playback and sample-accurate seeking
- fixed replaygain
- fixed displaying album covers in notifications
- fixed couple of OSS bugs
- fixed global hotkeys plugin crash on start
- fixed random stuttering when using ALSA output
- fixed unquoted string parsing in cuesheets
- fixed several M3U and PLS issues
- improved search speed
- built Converter, AudioOverload, SHN, DUMB, SRC-Resampler and PulseAudio plugins (included in this build)
and many other fixes.
thanks to everyone who helped by sending bug reports!
hopefully, the next build will be RC1
upd: i've uploaded few converter presets. grab archive from this link, and unpack into ~/.config/deadbeef/presets/. this way you'll get following encoders in Converter: mp3 (lame), wav, flac, ogg. you will need to have appropriate cmdline encoders to be installed, except wav -- it uses built-in function.
upd2: short instruction how to use resampler and other DSP plugins:
- go to Edit -> Preferences -> DSP
- click Add
- select "Resampler (Secret Rabbit Code)", and click OK
- select the added plugin from list, and click Configure
- set desired samplerate and algorithm
- close Preferences window
here's the first beta build of deadbeef 0.5.0
please note: i don't provide source tarball for this build, but you can build from git using "0.5.0-beta1" tag. by building manually you'll also get all the goodies not included in this build.
the build includes most of the 1st party plugins, except the following:
they will be included in release candidate build.
remember: this is beta version, it still has few unresolved bugs.
preview version of changelog, with only the most important stuff:
- added support for multichannel output
- added support for output in 8,24,32,float32 bits per sample formats
- configurable DSP chains
- added VGZ support to GME plugin
- added new plugin for importing and exporting M3U and PLS formats
- added Edit->Sort By menu entry, with flexible sort options
- added "Shuffle albums" mode
- improved metadata editing, allowing modification of any text fields, including custom fields
- added support for editing metadata for multiple selected tracks
- improved Album Artist support
- added album covers to notifications
- title formatting now gives access to any track properties
- new option to auto-rename playlist when adding folders
- multiple mp3 plugin improvements, both speed and stability
- extended VFS plugin API to allow archive/container plugins
- added new ZIP plugin, to add/play files from zip files without unpacking
- numerous stability fixes in CURL plugin
- numerous stability fixes in AAC plugin
- fixed "hotkeys stop working after reboot" problem
- multiple improvements in playlist sorting and grouping
- added support for files larger than 2Gb in size
- fixed CD Audio plugin freeze after switching CDs
- customizable lists of supported file extensions in SNDFILE and FFMPEG plugins
i'm proud to present the first public release of DeaDBeeF for Android. find it in android market. make sure you install DeaDBeeF Free Plugins Pack (which has mp3 and other decoders).
bug reports should be directed to my email. make sure to write which phone do you have, which android version, etc.
full information is available on android market page, but i'll put some here too:
- it should work on android 1.6 and higher
- all plugins with GPL and LGPL code are distributed in Free Plugins Pack, source code to build them will be uploaded ASAP (too tired to do it now)
- main package has FLAC, Wavpack, DUMB, Musepack, TTA plugins
- no DSP plugins yet
- some of the decoders were not ported (yet)
- many features are accessible via longpress and the menu button
- i only tested on emulators (1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3) and HTC Desire with 2.2
- this is ALPHA release, which means it is highly unfinished, will crash, has bugs, unimplemented features, etc
I've added comments to posts, thanks to the great Disqus service.
And I've fixed RSS (hopefully). Sorry for inconveniences.