I hope everyone likes the change.
Unfortunately, google tracker data API doesn't allow to preserve dates and submitters in the bugs and comments, so all the old bugs will have me as owner and poster of everything. But i've put dates and names into comment and bug bodies.
Please resubscribe to your bugs and feature requests by starring them.
git tag: "0.5.2"
changelog since 0.5.1
- fixed reading id3v2 and apev2 tags from raw AAC files
- fixed proxy authentication bug in vfs_curl plugin
- added OpenIndian b148 support (Kevin van der Vlist)
- improved APE performance
- fixed freeze bug in alsa plugin on x86_64
- added automatic creation of directory structure to the converter plugin
- few fixes in random and shuffle modes
- improved automatic config saving
- added support for ffmpeg-0.8 (Igor Murzov)
- fixed rename/remove playlist crash when no playlist was selected
- last.fm plugin will now split multiline fields when scrobbling
- few bug fixes / improvements in cuesheet support
- fixed writing non-ascii id3v1 tags
- pressing enter/play in paused state will now play selected track (bugfix)
- fixed content-length handling after redirects in vfs_curl plugin
- artwork plugin now supports png by default
- fixed rdb check in aac adts parser, this means improved aac support (by 少昊)
- fixed rare aac crash
- added EXTM3U support
- m3u and pls files are now supported only via Load Playlist menu
- fix off-by-one error in convstr_id3v2 (gohai)
- improved support for the case when an M3U file contains URIs of other M3Us
- improved volumebar tooltip (xent)
- replaygain preamp improvements (Jan D. Behrens)
- ignore embedded album cuesheets in single-track files
- experimental GTK3 support, can be enabled with ./configure --enable-gtk3
- Vala is not used in this project anymore
- vorbis plugin will now try to open .OGA files
- GME plugin: added fadeout support, fixed intro/looping, fixed headerless files support (e.g. some GYM), improved gzipped files detection
- added auto-resizing support to playlist columns
- DUMB, AudioOverload, SHN, Mono2Stereo plugins are now back in the main tarball
- default PulseAudio buffer is set to 8K
- added FLAC embedded album covers (Tydus)
- added "Album Artist" support to shuffle albums mode
- fixed several memory leaks
- config file parser now supports blank values
- added %L %X %Z to title formatting for "selected playback length", "selected track count", "current channel configuration" respectively
- added new commandline switch --gui to select GUI plugin
- added WM/Year field support to ffmpeg plugin
- fixed reading embedded covers from id3v2.4
- added optional "Album Artist" support to last.fm
- aac: improved duration scanner, fixed infinite loop in mp4ff ATOM_UNKNOWN handler
- avoid scanning/loading plugins twice when XDG_LOCAL_HOME is the same as install directory (Thynson)
- improvements in the command line handling code (Eugene Debrev)
- shellexec now supports quoting strings for more flexibility
- fixed resampler dsp plugin auto-configuration when the player is started for the 1st time
- plugin API now allows to extend playlist context menu
- added "audio/ogg" mime-type support
- fixed playing mp4/aac files with id3v2 tags
i will try to post news and updates more frequently there, so please subscribe if that's your kind of thing.
there are really countless changes, i wouldn't dare even trying to remember them all and list them here.. but market page should have a few.
in a nutshell, this release is based on deadbeef 0.5.1 codebase, with few android-specific tweaks here and there, plus completely new gui, new EQ, etc.
ad-free version should be coming soon.
right now, the free version 1.0.0 (with ads) is almost unrestricted, except there's no widget, and there are few admob banners -- "pro" version will remove banners, and will add widget. that's basically it for now.
- to show track properties -- touch album cover.
- to play shoutcast/icecast stream -- use "Add Location" from menu, or launch pls/m3u playlist after downloading it. i couldn't figure out how to launch directly from browser.
other stuff should be mostly self-explanatory, but feel free to ask questions here.
git tag: "0.5.1"
changelog since 0.5.0
- fixed crash bug after deleting playlists
- fixed importing fb2k EQ presets
- fixed bug causing garbage output when DSP plugins were changing channels count
- added oggenc --ignorelength bug workaround to converter
- added new mono2stereo DSP plugin
- fixed numerous bugs in multichannel support, down/upmixing, sampleformat conversions, etc
- fixed updating window titlebar after editing current track metadata
- fixed wrong middle mouse button double-click reaction in tray icon
- fixed scrobbling last track in "don't loop" mode
- fixed shuffle albums mode when user starts album from the middle
- added connection timeout to libmms to prevent several-minutes freezes on unresolved hosts
- fixed inconsistent gui reaction when going from 1st track to previos in "don't loop" mode
- removed -s option from bundled AAC encoder preset, for compatibility with older versions of FAAC
- fixed multiple selection "sticking" when pressing left+right mouse buttons, or trying to play missing file
- fixed syncing converter DSP preset list with the list from Preferences DSP tab
- FLAC plugin can now play files which report zero size, but have samples in them
- fixed playback of U8 wav files, and all the libsndfile formats that were not working in raw reading mode
- added option (on by default) to convert 8 bit samples to 16 bit
- added automatic samplerate option to SRC plugin
- restored "use ALSA resampling" option in ALSA plugin
- fixed several output format bugs in ALSA plugin
- added support for creating directory tree in converter plugin (Jan D. Behrens)
- set converter output folder to $HOME when it's empty
- added new DSP plugin method "can_bypass", to detect when DSP plugins can be bypassed by streamer
- improved check for multiple instances
- fixed loading cuesheets from archives
- added automatic resampler setup on 1st run with empty dsp chain, to simulate 0.4.4 behaviour