DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is an audio player for GNU/Linux, *BSD, OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, and other UNIX-like systems. There's also the DeaDBeeF For Android, which is a very different product. There are no Windows or iOS versions though, sorry for that.
Main features (the list is most likely far from complete):
- mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, ape, wv/iso.wv, wav, m4a/mp3 (aac and alac), mpc, tta, cd audio, and many more
- nsf, ay, vtx, vgm/vgz, spc and many other popular chiptune formats
- SID with HVSC song length database support for sid
- tracker modules - mod, s3m, it, xm, etc
- ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, APEv2, Xing/Info, VorbisComments tag reading and writing, as well as reading many other tag/metadata formats in most supported formats
- automatic character set detection for non-unicode id3 tags - supports cp1251, iso8859-1, and now chinese cp936 (optional), as well as SHIFT-JIS and MS-DOS CP866 for selected formats
- unicode tags are fully supported as well (both utf8 and ucs2)
- cuesheet (.cue files) support, including charset detection/conversion
- clean fast GUI using GTK2 and GTK3, you pick what you like more!
- no GNOME or KDE dependencies
- minimization to system tray, with scrollwheel volume control, etc
- drag and drop, both in playlist, and from other apps
- control playback from command line
- global hotkeys
- multiple playlists using tabbed interface
- album cover display
- OSD notifications about current playing songs
- 18-band graphical equalizer and other DSP plugins
- built-in high quality tag editor, with custom fields support
- customizable groups in playlists
- customizable columns with flexible title formatting
- streaming radio support for ogg vorbis, mp3 and aac streams
- gapless playback for correctly encoded files
- lots of plugin, such as global hotkeys, last.fm scrobbler, converter, and many more, sdk is included
- comes with advanced Converter plugin, which allows to transcode files to other formats
- was tested on x86, x86_64, powerpc, arm, mips architectures, should work on most modern platforms
- new features are being added all the time -- check for updates frequently!
The player is developed by Alexey Yakovenko, with contributions from many different people (see about box in the player for more details).
For copyright freaks, DeaDBeeF (except the Android version) is distributed under the terms of GNU General Public License version 2.
However, a huge portion of the code is under the ZLIB license, so you can grab the code which you like, and use it in your own projects without a hassle! Check the source files for file-specific copyright statements.
Copyright © 2009-2015 Alexey Yakovenko and contributors This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
official IRC channel (english): #deadbeefplayer in Freenode IRC network
official IRC channel (russian): #deadbeef-ru in Freenode IRC network
email: Alexey Yakovenko